Saturday, July 18, 2009

Report #6

Prayers were answered this week! This week it felt like God went out before us! We were at Wispering Pines Family Camp in Northern Michigan. The weeks lay out went like this, we slept with the teenagers in their cabin and woke them up around 8:00am every morning for breakfast, from there we had the teens morning service at 10:30am. This was the service we led through worship music and helped with games and whatever else they needed help with. These morning services usually included about 20ish minutes of worship music. After the service we would go to lunch yet we were free until the afternoon activity at 2pm. Every activity we showed up to we helped with, they were usually a fun game in a feild or on the courts. That would last until at least 4pm. We weren't in charge of the teens through out the day because it was a family camp so the next thing we were required to show up at was supper, straight to the tabernacle service, straight into the Afterglow for the teenagers at 9pm to 11pm. The afterglows were always night time activities we helped out with as a team. One afterglow we played a concert for the kids. Throughout the week we were able to just be friends to these kids, helping and counseling them. One particular things that happened was after a service in the big tabernacle for the afternoon service. One of the campers in our cabin was deeply touched by the sermon and allowed me to talk and pray with him. It was my privalage to be able to help him understand what rededicating his life to Christ is and I was able to lead him through a prayer in order to do so. I made sure he knew what he had done and it was good. The week was actually very relaxing and laid back yet a powerful spiritual rivival took place! THIS WAS AWESOME! God is showing me amazing this about me this summer that I probably would have never discovered without going on this tour. On Wednesday night our band played a concert for the afterglow for the teenagers. Before the afterglow is the main tabernacle service, from that service I was overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit. I felt such a heavy sense of Gods glory over me. As I went to the concert I couldn't possibly ignore this feeling. As the worship became more calm and heart felt I saw the kids begin to really worship the LORD. My heart was overwhelmed. I went down to the band and inbetween songs I went up to the microphone, when I got up to it I couldn't speak, I began to weep uncontrolably. When I gathered myself I (not really remembering what I said) mentioned how heavy Gods glory was in that place and I encouraged them to truly worship with all they had and to (like at camp man-o-lan with that revival service) get on their knees before the Lord. Long story short, the kids willingly dropped to their knees before the Lord of All. Before I knew it kids were weeping, kids were in huddled groups on their knees crying out to the Lord. Bellowing, shouting, yelling prayers and praises to the Lord Almighty! Kids were broken all over the room. A rivival had, once again this summer, broken out. This was a concert that turned into an amazing God fearing revival for group of teenagers. One group of boys that were in a band together had truly changed their focus around to glorify God with all they had within their band! Another girl had shared with me how much that "service" had changed her. Kids lives were truly changed!

Hours
8:00am to 12:00pm Breakfast, Service to Lunch.
2:00pm to 4:00pm Afternoon Activity
9:00pm to 11:30 pm Afterglow with teens

Personal Reflection:

I honestly wish we could get more camps where we were with the teens 24/7. It would be nice to spend more quality time with them. Family camp is so layed back that we arent in charge of the teens as much. I don't like not being with the teens through the whole day. It would be nice to connect with them more. This week was great because we had a lot of time to relax on the side but I feel like I drain myself for the Lord better at teen camps and not just family camp. This week some great business went down though and I really felt like God made a big impact on the whole camp through me. I was also able to give my testimony in front of the whole entire camp in the main tabernacle service and so many of the older people were so appreciative of it and let me know that. That was a blessing. The week was very benificial and relaxing at the same time so it was a great week!

Spiritual Reflection:

Spiritually I feel like God is rising so much more within my soul and vibing all the more strongly through me! It's been amazing because I have been seeking after Gods own heart so much and praying that He would do amazing, big things within me. This is the second camp that I feel that God has used me to start a revival! I am pressing on towards my goal to become a youth evangelist and I know and feel that God is going to use my in the future in such extreme, large ways through my speaking. I feel that way God works through me is that of the way Paul explains he is used in 1 Corinthians 2. Paul stated that he doesn't speak with high, intelligent words but he is use by the Holy Spirits Power within him. I feel like God is opening my eyes and showing me that He uses me in a very special way. I feel like God is answering my prayers super strongly as I have been praying for supernatual works to flow through me. I am discovering that my prayers of just my presents in a room can truly overflow others with the Holy Spirit! It's been incredibly humbling to see and notice. Through this week God has shown me that I am following Him strongly and He is visibly allowing me to see samples of what He has for me in the future. It's setting my in awe. It really is.

Youth Pastor Interview: Andrew Thompson Youth Director at Wispering Pines Camp.

1.) How long have you been in youth ministry for?

2 1/2 years

2.) When ministering to the opposite sex what do you find to be the most difficult part about it?

Having a conversation on a level of privacy. Being alone makes it difficult to communicate with them.

3.) What is the hardest part about youth ministry?

Trying to get all different kinds of kids together without them judging eachother and without the clicks. The most difficult part would be their appathy.

4.) What is the most fun part about youth ministry?

Not having to worry about politics. I love talking to the older people about accepting those kids that may do things like smoke. Redifining gaps and braking bridges.

5.) What do you find is the best way to help teenagers grasp a message?

My ability to make up or tell true stories. I always shoot for an applictaion they can easily grab out of the story.

6.) What is your greatest success?

I count success by counting the amount of kids that I can say are actually Christians in public. "Managing to stay out of Gods way"

7.) What is your greatest failure?


Feeling God move my heart to act and approach a subject and not do it. Failure to acknowledge the moving of the Spirit in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment