Report #2
This week I was at camp mantawagon in Saxton P.A. I worked with about 120 senior high kids. Monday through Friday I was a fulltime councilor for a cabin of about 12 guys. In the morning I helped get them off to breakfast and get to their chosen activity after that. From 8 am to 12 pm I was on the go. Mainly I hung out with the kids and gained strong relationships. Throughout the week I was able to have an amazing amount of strong one on one conversation’s with kids. From talking about being stronger as a Christian after camp to help kids allow God to take their anger to reading through the whole book of Jonah with someone I was interacting strongly with them. Each day, during chapel, I helped lead motions up front with the band and got the kids excited to worship the Lord. On Wednesday I was able to skate a demo on my skateboard for 120 teenagers in the camps gym. I provided the ramps for them. On Friday I had the privilege of giving my testimony for the kids at chapel which I felt encouraged a lot of the kids. By the end of the camp I felt as if I was a strong encouraging big brother to all the campers! It was great!
Hours:
Mon-Fri 8 am. To 12 pm.
Personal Reflection:
The whole week was so great! The campers were very mature for their age and the spirit of the Lord was so evident in the chapel services. It was a blast getting to know the kids and all the staff! The staff were like a strong family and the kids really cherished your friendship. I feel like I was able to be myself and glorify God in a real way and make friends and encourage others through it.
Spiritual Reflection:
Spiritually the camp was on fire! The Holy Spirit was obvious and evident at the chapel services. The guys in my cabin woke up early to read their bibles. Every morning the staff started out with a devotional that help us start our day thinking strongly on the Lord. I was able to get away everyday and have a great time with the Lord through reading His word, prayer and silence. I was able to fill myself with the Lord very well through out the week. Their was so much fellowship going on every hour of everyday that it encouraged me to think in different ways on scripture and spiritual life. Worshiping to the band was probably one of the strongest points to everyone at once in worship. It was if the whole place exploded with a Holy Power and it was amazing! The scenery out there was incredible…it really helped me comprehend a better understanding of Gods greatness and power!
Wow Trevor! It is so awesome to hear how God is using you this summer. I am so excited for you! I love reading your posts because i always feel encouraged to pursue more alone time with God. You are strong in that area and I love hearing about it. Keep it up! The impact you are making will last a lifetime and your honesty and vulnerability is for sure not something they will ever forget.
ReplyDeletewhoohoo! Glad you're having a great time!
ReplyDelete